Every enterprise today is looking for means to enhance the productivity of their employees and at the same time responding rapidly to business needs with a reduced cost of IT Infrastructure. SharePoint 2010 is bundled with a lot of features which facilitate sharing of ideas & expertise, create no-code solutions to meet ever growing business needs in a timely manner and visualize & share the most relevant information to make the right and informed decisions.
Some of the solutions you can build using SharePoint 2010 are:
- Collaboration Portals – SharePoint enables the entire workforce to be better connected with each other irrespective of their work locations. You can build discussion forums, announcement boards, blogs, tasks, wikis etc using SharePoint. You can also create a organization wide social networking portal where all employees can share their updates, photos etc and be connected with each other inside your secured intranet network
- Content Management Systems (CMS) – SharePoint provides tools to build Content Management Systems which work seamlessly to store & organize all your content including documents, photos, videos, images, text files etc. It has powerful search & indexing feature which pulls in any required content within seconds even from the archived data. Content Authoring & records management are some of the other features you can build here.
- Composites – This feature of SharePoint helps you automate your business processes efficiently. You can create custom workflows and advanced forms for all your Line of Business (LoB). Some of the applications which can be built here are: Leave Management System, Travel Desk, Help Desk, Grant Approval Systems, Product Details portal etc
- Search – Having a full proof & advanced search which not only provides all content in seconds but also enables you to search by people, expertise, phonetic & nickname as well as contextual & meta-data. With SharePoint, rest assured you have all your documents at your fingertips.
- Dashboards – Creating BI reports & Analytics have always been a cumbersome task given the amount of data you have to pull from various applications. Using SharePoint, you can create all your custom reports & dashboards seamlessly as well as build Scorecards and Status Indicator lists.
- Custom Applications – Looking for a customized CRM solution which is tailored made as per your needs or a Human Capital Management portal which talks your language. SharePoint can get you up & running in few days by building custom enterprise applications like CRM, Sales Portal, HCM etc
With SharePoint you can create intuitive user interfaces which can also be used as a front-end for your ERP applications. This can help you save millions in ERP license cost as well.
In my next post, I will provide more details on each of these solutions with their greater advantages. Meanwhile, drop me a comment on how you liked the post. You can reach me at: email@example.com