Imagine taking up the job of CIO in a medium-sized software development company whose survival depends on the well-being of their interconnected systems. The organization is in this crucial juncture where a small team of IT executives has to manage a much greater influx of recruits.
You are assigned with the role to largely manage their seemingly complex work structures, clustered infrastructure, multilateral hierarchies and an ambitious cloud adoption project in line; but the biggest catch here is that the company is not in a monetarily-advantageous position for any kind of rapid expansion.
All you need, and can afford, is one solution that can instigate a routine to randomness by interconnecting infrastructure, maximizing network availability, wielding greater power to IT and most importantly, empowering the key decision-makers to have the ultimate control of their day-to-day operations. The best part here is that you already know the answer.
ITOM- The hero every organization deserves AND needs right now
IT Operations Management (ITOM) is described as the larger umbrella under which every successful organization manages a wide-range of organizational activities with enhanced visibility- right from a simple ticketing system to a complex cloud management routine. The scope of ITOM has already been expanded to accommodate applications, storage, help desk services, asset management etc. thereby proving its inevitability in shaping future organizations from scratch.
The following are some of the basic yet essential dimensions of an organization’s infrastructure plan and how ITOM empowers the employees in effortlessly saving the day:
- Network Downtime/Outage: Networks are the lifeline of any modern organization and yet network downtimes and outages, for the most part, are not treated as an adversity to avoid at any cost. A good ITOM implementation can enable the IT team to be proactive at identifying issues, accurate at narrowing down the causes and immediate at assigning the task to completion.
- Services Mapping: The growing notion of seeing employees as one of the key assets of the organization has led to the expansion of “resourcefulness” to people’s ability to get work done with ultimate optimization. This term is considered all the more serious within the IT circles as they constantly juggle to manage their everyday tasks with near-impossible IT executive to employee ratio. Intelligent ITOM implementation helps organizations to design a single view of all their tasks for individual IT executives so that they don’t get buried under their tickets.
- Service Orchestration: With improved automation across the organization, the focus has been more towards strengthening the bond within and between people and services for greater productivity and quicker response time. ITOM services takes it further by automating business processes and empowering the people, especially the decision-makers in being on track and up-to-date with every single task and the overall operations under them.
- Cloud Management: It is 2017 and almost all the organizations, across the industries, see themselves at one of the stages of cloud adoption- from requirement contemplation to actual migration to provisioning and performance management. It is needless to say that Cloud, as a technology, is an investment for the future and this leaves many companies to burn a hole in their pockets as they even think about the adoption. A solid ITOM structure can come in handy in preparing the stake-holders with an elaborate vision and implementation plans thereby letting them have a realistic expectation of the ultimatum- “When will I get back my ROI?”
Therefore, a thorough ITOM implementation is the need of the hour not just to manage the IT challenges of today, but also to adjust the sails to face the storms of the future. Don’t believe us yet? We will let the numbers do the talking. The following infographic will tell you the story of how and why CIOs rely on a solid ITOM implementation for their organization.
Latest posts by Bhargavi Seshadri (see all)
- Hybrid Cloud Management with ServiceNow - November 3, 2017
- Accelerate Margins with JDA Retail Planning Solutions- EP and Allocation - November 1, 2017
- Future of Customer Experience with Machine Learning - August 23, 2017