Interconnection is the essence of this era of information technology. Behind every single interaction in the Internet, the APIs operate as worker bees to ensure that data gets exchanged in an agreeable format between the servers and the users. As organizations opened up and started adopting internet everywhere, creating a solid integration strategy by choosing the right API became mandatory.
Today, rampant digitization and deep penetration of social networking across industries have pushed several key service providers to devise APIs on their own. So, enterprises are caught between investing into evolving APIs to manage technological disruptions and ensuring that they have operational expenses under control.
SmartBear’s “State of API report, 2016” explains the growth and future of the API industry and in their survey among organizations across the globe, it has been reported that nearly 73% of them utilize both internal and external APIs for their business. While analyzing what enterprises look for in their API, 41% voted for “Integrations with existing tools in your environment” and 39% for “re-usability of tests, scripts and resources”.
Unified API- All under one roof
To address the exponentially increasing complexity of bridging diverse spectrum of systems and to enable businesses gain the competitive edge in the market by letting them access every tool of their choice simultaneously, the concept of Unified API was discovered.
Unified API is a customizable layer over the middleware that acts as a point of integration for all the data sources, APIs and services across the market. This mid-level interface enables an enterprise to view the rest of their resources via one giant peep hole thereby decreasing operational complexities and empowering them to avail the best of services within drastically reduced integration expenses.
Unified API for Modernized Digital Architecture
Increased competition, improved tools and integrated methodologies have made DevOps the holy grail of modern project development plans. Continuous Integration, one of the important aspects for the successful adaption to a DevOps life style, mandates the projects to have a shorter turn around time between code fixes and a version release. Unified API improvises architecture digitization by
- Reducing Time to Market: Unified API allows the project teams to have a greater reflex for technological disruptions as the layer allows easier addition and deletion of APIs. Unified API thus serves as an effective pit stop that accelerates integration and product releases into the market.
- Ensuring uniformity: Unified APIs brings programs of different styles under one roof by tying them together with a common base. This uniformity promotes code sharing, reduces the compatibility complexities and ensures a uniform layer of security, irrespective of the protocols and programs.
- Improving Data Analytics: Unified APIs are designed to allow and process data from and to customer touch points into the systems through a single medium. For retailers and enterprises that thrives on user data, this easier collaboration of data streams would ensure better analytics and improved personalization for their users.
- Improving Scalability: The very concept of Unified API promotes greater flexibility to scale as per the needs of the enterprise. This also allows businesses to innovate on the go without having to worry about increase in integration or maintenance costs. The layer also creates more room for rapid 3rd party integration to customize and accommodate the growing demands in the market.
Aspire’s AURAS –Gen (Aspire Unified Reference Architecture Solutions) framework introduces a unified architecture approach by integrating the best tools available for SOA, ESB, MoM, API, Predictive Analytics, Cloud etc. The entire framework is builtto help enterprises accelerate their development process and improve ROI exponentially.
Latest posts by Bhargavi Seshadri (see all)
- What are the top DevOps trends to watch out for in 2018? - January 18, 2018
- Hybrid Cloud Management with ServiceNow - November 3, 2017
- Accelerate Margins with JDA Retail Planning Solutions- EP and Allocation - November 1, 2017