As the pace of business advances, the rules of manufacturing are also dynamically changing along with them. New regulations, fluctuating demands, increase buyer expectations and shorter product life-cycles are testing the limits of the siloed supply chain management (SCM) process.
A traditional SCM lacks flexibility and quick response to the changing business landscape. It hinders growth and hardens organizational survival altogether. Manufacturing executives should meet these challenges head-on with modern, flexible, and scalable Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud solution.
To stay ahead of the competition, vendors and big businesses, alike are racing to integrate the best technologies into their systems. According to a recent report released by SCM World, 58 percent of organizations see the cloud as a disruptive and critical force within their operations. In order to keep up with the demand, manufacturers should transform their business models by the early adoption of the cloud SCM.
Why Cloud is so disruptive?
When compared to manual inventory analysis, cloud-based supply chain management has several advantages, especially when we talk about Oracle SCM Cloud. Some of the top benefits are:
- Cost-effectiveness: Cloud offers access to highly collaborative tools that helps to decrease the amount of money spent on the IT overhaul and create more efficient supply chains. It also provides insights to improve your business outcomes as well as speeds up the processes through frequent automation.
- Agile Operations: Oracle ERP Cloud based SCM provides decision support, driven by predictive analytics that helps to confirm the reliability and rapid adaptability. It also enables to swiftly deploy new services and capabilities to meet the requirements.
- Efficiency: Cloud usage makes it easy to share your supply chain information across multiple locations and with external collaborators. It also enables greater collaboration between employees by allowing multiple users to share and work at the same time.
- Increased Scalable Abilities: In order to accomplish customer requirements, it is always important to have an easily scalable technology. Since the cloud operates on a flexible network, storage, and capacity, it can quickly adapt to the volatility of customer demands and market conditions.
- Planning: With cloud technology, data sets of an inventory can be managed easily. It also ensures not to lose track of the inventory levels. Cloud plays a vital role in the Supply Chain process to track a product as it moves through its lifecycle, and effectively communicates with others in the supply chain.
- Integration: The software and platform services on the cloud are designed to work faster and easier when compared to the traditional IT solutions that the businesses already utilize. A service that requires huge setup or major modifications to other factors of a business creates secondary costs that drive away customers’ satisfaction.
Organizations are now witnessing tremendous growth owing to the cloud based SCM solutions which ensure better control of critical applications, decrease loss and business downtime.
Ready to strengthen your supply chain? Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud gives you end-to-end, 24/7 supply chain management cloud services to transform your business to a great level.
Latest posts by Ravi Nandiwada (see all)
- Transforming Accounts Receivables in Oracle Financials with RPA - March 3, 2020
- Why Oracle Fusion is More Feature-rich When Compared to Sage and QuickBooks? - February 12, 2020
- Oracle SCM Cloud a Game-Changer for Supply Chain Operators - February 6, 2020