Whether it is data storage, web deployment, or any IT development, businesses have largely migrated towards cloud for most of their needs and operations. Amazon Web Services has been at the top of the list for a while whenever we talk about cloud computing. It provides the user with flexibility and scalability, making it one of the most popular and cost-efficient cloud computing platforms. AWS powers over 80% of Fortune 500 companies with big names such as Netflix, Pinterest, Instagram, Walmart, etc in its folds.
Here’s a quick rundown on the top 10 AWS cloud managed services that can help reimagine your cloud journey this year.
1. Elastic Cloud Compute: EC2 provides the client with the capacity to not only launch but also operate and handle digital servers. Developers can easily access resources with the help of EC2 and it also comes with the best processors, networking facilities, and storage systems. With the help of over 500 instances, you can also choose the latest processor, operating system, storage, and networking considering the needs of your business. Amazon EC2 also allows you to pay only for what you use.
2. Relational Database Service: Amazon RDS or Relational Database Service has also made it to the list in 2023. The user can set up, operate, and scale cloud databases using Amazon RDS. This AWS service also automates time-consuming manual tasks such as hardware provisioning, patching, database setup, and backups to ensure higher performance. Amazon RDS can help with cost optimization. Relational Database Service removes the need to install and manage database software during its usage.
3. Simple Storage Service: Amazon has made data storage easier for its users, with Simple Storage Service being one of its best services. This object storage service offers scalability, availability, security, and high performance. This service is the best fit for big businesses that need to store, sort, and manage huge quantities of data for multiple reasons. Not only does S3 let the user store data but it also comes with robust access controls, replication tools to avoid accidental deletion, and data version controls.
4. Identity and Access Management: As the name suggests, IAM (Identity and Access Management) gives users secure access to manage resources. You can have control over who has authorization and authentication controls to the resources. Attribute-based access helps the user formulate separate permissions depending on various criteria like job role, rank, department, etc. AWS IAM has complete access and acts like an automatic central manager to refine permissions across AWS.
5. Elastic Block Store: Amazon EBS is a block storage solution specially designed for Elastic Cloud Compute. Elastic Block Store helps to securely manage transactions irrespective of the size of a workload. This AWS cloud service can handle diverse workloads whether they are relational, non-relational, or business applications. The users can also pick from 5 different volume types to experience maximum effectiveness and cost optimization.
6. Amazon Elastic File System: EFS can help you create and configure file systems without provisioning, deploying, patching, or maintaining. This is a simple, serverless, and scalable NFS file system that works in the AWS cloud as well as on-premise resources. Moreover, you don’t have to pay any minimum fee or setup costs. You only have to pay for the storage that you use.
7. CloudFront: This service is for global content delivery networks, which offer security as well as high performance with high-speed transfers and low latency. CloudFront uses automated network mapping and intelligent routing mechanisms and smoothly integrates with systems like S3, EC2, and Lambda to manage custom code. Moreover, you also don’t have to pay extra even when connected with S3 and EC2.
8. Simple Notification Service: You can use SNS for a low-cost infrastructure, and message delivery in bulk to directly chat with your customers via system-to-system or app-to-person between decoupled microservice apps. Simple Notification Service is used effortlessly to set up, operate, and send notifications from the cloud.
9. DynamoDB: This serverless document database is designed to run high-performing applications. DynamoDB can manage up to 10 trillion requests in a day on an average of over 20 million requests per second. The built-in tools generate actionable insights, and useful analytics, and monitor traffic trends. DynamoDB also offers continuous backups, automatic multi-region replication, built-in security, etc.
10. Amazon Lambda: Amazon Lambda is yet another promising service offered by AWS. This is a serverless and event-driven computing service that allows code to run for virtual applications or backend services. With Amazon Lambda you can scale your software with precision and extensive availability. Lambda also handles code executions smoothly without manual interruptions and is considered one of the best services by AWS for developers.
Knowing the best services is only a start. It is important to have an expert guide as you tread the field of cloud computing. They help you maximize the value of the cloud and unlock endless possibilities at every stage of your cloud journey. That is where Aspire comes in. Our AWS cloud managed services experts can help you seamlessly adapt to cloud culture. Whether it is resource management, version control, or architecting complex cloud computing systems, a managed services provider can ease your transition. Aspire experts not only assist you to form a strategy for your cloud management but also contain costs and fabricate a sustainable cloud environment with our well-defined best practices.
- The cost of a cloud security breach: What you stand to lose & how a detailed cloud strategy can fill these gaps - March 14, 2023
- AWS cloud security updates: Top services to protect your cloud environment - February 28, 2023
- Best practices in cloud data security every organization must know - February 23, 2023