The modern life, which melds continued connectivity, a multi-screen world, and contextual relevance, has revolutionized the retail experience. As online and in-store capabilities blur, it is important to continue to enhance the shopping experience.
The main forces driving this evolution are cloud technology, AI-enabled personalization and chatbots, real-time data, and smart analytics. The use of multiple modules and third-party systems is complex and confusing – despite the fact that they improve customer experience (CX) – and is vital to simplify these to streamline all the systems.
Retailers are adopting unified commerce for seamless integration of their business’ various modules and systems. Unified commerce cloud platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud brings together e-commerce, m-commerce, customer management systems, inventory management systems, and order management systems as a single entity. This integration allows retail giants to run their large businesses like well-oiled engines, keeping an eye on almost everything.
SFCC: Customer 360 and more
SFCC is gaining popularity among retailers, thanks to its ability to provide a 360-degree view of the business, AI-enabled personalized shopping, easy third-party app integration, Open Commerce API (OCAPI) integration, mobile app integration, etc. Customer 360 is a unique SFCC tool that provides complete comprehensive data on customers, allowing retailers to maximize customer engagement.
But how is that engagement made possible?
Enter Page Designer
Staying ahead of the competition in e-commerce today requires engaging content. In the absence of physical objects in a digitized retail store, content plays an extremely valuable role in appealing to potential customers. Retailers need pictures, videos, and virtual try-on features on their e-commerce websites to satisfy customer expectations and make that all-important sale. How a product is presented on the website matters and this is where SFCC’s Page Designer adds tremendous value.
Page Designer, a B2C feature of SFCC, aims to empower business teams managing content to create and manage pages in a quick and visual way. It is used by developers to create custom pages and component types to empower merchants to easily update storefronts and other pages of their choice without going back to the developer.
How does Page Designer benefit merchants?
Web pages designed with the help of Page Designer load faster and enhance the user experience. For successful implementation, the user must fully understand the business goals, requirements, and brand image of the merchant.
How does it work?
1. The developer gathers the merchant’s requirements to understand pages, layouts, and components needed for the storefront.
2. After narrowing down on specific requirements, the developer creates the custom page and component types based on SFRA, which will reduce developmental dependencies and quality analysis time, which cuts down the time taken for go-live.
3. The developer then uploads two cartridges – one with the page and component types; the other with UI artefacts to support the website.
4. Merchants can then, using the Page Designer visual editor of the Business Manager, build site pages using the cartridge that the developer has uploaded. They need to simply drag and drop to create pages on their storefront to independently create, edit, and publish content of their choice.
Page Designer is one of the many features of SFCC that makes retailers partial towards it.
Aspire Systems, an SFCC partner, delivers world-class retail technology solutions that enable retailers to build a customer-centric digital commerce strategy. With expertise gained over several years across multiple global clients, Aspire Systems works closely with retail giants to streamline their business processes with brand goals to attain maximum customer satisfaction. Click here to talk to our experts and sail ahead of the competition with SFCC.
Can’t get enough of Salesforce Commerce Cloud? Here’s an exclusive whitepaper examining each of its features in detailed for some light reading.
- How SFCC helps its users maintain customer loyalty and trust by staying compliant to privacy laws - September 14, 2021
- 3 status update measures on Salesforce Trust Site - September 13, 2021
- 8 great insights retailers gain from SFCC’s Reports & Dashboards App - September 7, 2021