Business thoroughness is achieved through delivering Software Products with emphasis on speed and Quality, but the Quality is considered effective if the digital product or service pronounces to be less-defective after initial usage by the customer. You can’t basically vouch for Quality in your product if the delivery speed is minimal in the ‘Need for Much More Speed than the Industry Standards” era. The IT infrastructure considers it imperative for the Delivered product to be exceeding its expectations, which means more work for the product developing company!
The surefire way to “exceed expectations” is by implementing Complete Test Automation in your Product’s build-cycle, which guarantees reduction of time-consuming manual testing, Reduces defects by automating Quality with advanced scripted frameworks and test cases, gives priority to Cloud Testing Services and makes it a customer centric approach.
Achieving your Continuous Delivery through Test Automation
According to McKinsey, many companies that lead the Ivy-leagues do not release their features unless atleast about 80% of the code is automated. It is imperative that Regression, Performance and Acceptance test scenarios are revolved around frequent Test Automation to ensure that no defects are missed out when it reaches delivery and that it reduces the time-to-market. This in turn, changes the relationship of the testers with all the stakeholders as they collaborate over every phase, and also it paves a significant way to improve your overall experience and communication with the end-customer and regain their confidence by achieving Continuous Delivery.
While the product Development-Cycle receives a makeover every few years with accordance to industry standards, it is mandatory for the stakeholders to implement data-driven testing complete with pre-planned test cases to improve the development by evolving continuously and to spur its productivity. Implementing Complete Test Automation requires planning at the business level before the development by visualizing the whole testing scenario, to pre-plan the test scripts and cases in the continuous testing framework.
The Test Automation frameworks act as a booster in the development cycle as per the compatibility of the framework – the higher the test scenarios and scripts along with compatibility and scalability tests, the higher the success rate of the Test Automation implementation. Hence, a complete set of Test Automation tools planned with various types of frameworks with the right test scripts and various compatibility options require a certain amount of investment, which is why it is necessary to implement continuous integrated automated testing with advanced planning, proper envisioning of the outcomes and advantages.
Though the whole automation testing process with the proper tools and structure and cloud abilities can be rewarding for the business, it does hit a snag when there is a possibility that it could have lesser returns on the investment (ROI) as the cost can be too high at point in implementing Automation. The part where ROI and the overall effectiveness of automating most of the process can prove less efficient, if the process does not consider the factors such as – working out the savings that incur after the overall deployment of the product in percentage, calculating the break-even period, analyze the cost that is incurred by Automation beforehand, compare the efforts and cost for both manual testing and automation testing.
The Factors that Boosts the ROI of Test Automation
The main goal of companies is to achieve the Return on Investments(ROI) as they invest on a key-ingredient for their signature dish recipe, the Key-Ingredient here being Test Automation, it gets quite edge-on-the seat experience for the IT owners as they watch their Digital Transformation and Automated Testing processes work their magic. To achieve success in Test Automation implementation the following factors needed to be taken into thorough examination:
- Visualizing the Automation goal – It is imperative to envision the benefits of test automation before each phase to avoid using test cases at the wrong time where it needs to be manually done. Some scenarios such as hardware compatibilities, browser testing, device compatibilities and scalability needs to be pre-planned to reap its correct benefits.
- Focusing on Test Design – Focusing on the proper Test Design before a development to figure out the robustness and effectiveness of the design is mandatory to boost ROI of a design. It’s crucial to plan the right test design that provides comprehensive code coverage with minimal tests in the shortest timeframe, this in turn helps in defining functional and non-functional software requirements under production to cover maximum benefits in testing.
- Test Data – Collecting ample amount of relevant data for performing test cases that doesn’t overflow the scenarios is more important to make the testing effective. Test data can be divided into valid data, invalid data and boundary conditions, etc. to recognize the amount and nature of data to be used.
- Cloud testing Services – Since factors such as testing across devices, browsers, platforms, constant security updates, constant OS updates are hard to come by and these the tools and platforms may cost more, hence a cloud infrastructure which provides all these testing services can be utilized to cut on costs.
- Utilizing the right Automation Framework – It’s imperative to conduct the various testing phases in a framework that handles innovation along the way. A Continuous Testing Framework takes into consideration the workload and amount of data that goes into testing, and provides testing platforms for browser and device testing and handles various languages testing with translations and many more. Such a framework can help analyze the solution for bringing into effect the success of a product and increase the ROI.
Such a framework is AFTA (Aspire’s Framework for Test Automation), which is a multi-platform testing provider and handles multiple continuous test levels along various platforms and it is uniquely designed to handle pressure under various scenarios.
The advantages of AFTA are, it enables seamless testing across various environments, Enhances test coverage, reduces test cycle times which results in faster ROI, Provides modular reusability and flexibility, accelerates speed-to-market, improves application stability and improves quality of modular core and function which ensures a better customer experience.
Test Automation- the way to increase your reputation
Providing you have the perfectly planned product development cycle, the advantages of test automation can double the effectiveness of a product and the time-to-market, which in turn triggers higher ROI (Return On Investment). Achieving the right level of ROI through thorough implementation of solutions for the bottlenecks in test automation can enhance your savings, customer relationship and a better reputation which is the dream of many companies.
Latest posts by Niranjani Ramesh (see all)
- Improving the Effectiveness of Test Automation and its ROI - May 28, 2018
- 2018 is raising the Game for Digital Commerce through Futuristic UX - April 12, 2018