There are innumerable mobile apps that are getting released every day and there are millions of apps already in the app store. Have you ever thought why only very few apps are appreciated by the users. Of course, all the app developers want their app to be successful. What are they missing to understand?
This blog is trying to capture some of the key aspects to consider while developing a mobile app that make them successful.
Let’s first understand what Gamification is and why it’s so important in mobile app development.
What is Gamification?
Incorporating ‘Gaming’ principles into non-gaming environment is called Gamification.
Why gamification is so important in mobile app development?
Gamification emphasizes on ‘Human Focused Development’. This helps the user to engage themselves in the app features and process.
What is Human Focused Development?
Human Behavioral Science says that the humans perform any action as a response to their core drives. Any application which stimulates their core drives engage the customer well.
There are about 8 core drives which predominantly drives human behavior that need to be considered while developing any feature in the app. They are,
- Meaning – The value in using the app/feature
- Accomplishment – The user gets a sense of achievement by using the app
- Scarcity – The app/ feature is extremely rare, exclusive or immediately unattainable
- Loss & Avoidance – What if the user misses an opportunity
- Ownership – Give a sense of what the user own or can control
- Social influence – Peer pressure
- Empowerment of creativity – Helps the user to be creative and make him feel smart
- Unpredictability – Surprise me!
Not necessarily all these core drives need to be incorporated, but these are all the stimuli where the user responds, engage well in the application. A small tweak and a bit of human thinking may bring in huge changes in apps success factor. So, let’s gamify the app and roll out the next successful app. (Learn more about Mobile app and its security).