AWS offers a wide range of services tailor-made for organizations to build and deliver products at a faster pace and higher reliability through implementing DevOps best practices.
These service offerings by AWS streamline provisioning and managing the cloud infrastructure, deploying application code, automating software releases, and monitoring application and infrastructure performance.
AWS DevOps Architecture
Integrating DevOps in your AWS cloud infrastructure binds your organization together by leveraging infrastructure as code (IaC) services such as AWS CloudFormation and AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK).
AWS services such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, and CodeCommit are used to implement continuous deployment.
Organizations deploy applications through AWS services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon ECS, or Amazon EKS, and AWS OpsWorks to simplify common architecture configurations.
Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing are used to complement the above mentioned AWS services. Monitoring and logging is performed by Amazon CloudWatch and Cloud Trail.
AWS DevOps Tools
While AWS provides these range of services for you to seamlessly implement DevOps in your organization, these tools will help you accelerate your DevOps adoption.
- Continuous Integration (CI) is a software development practice where developers collate their code changes in a central code repository before automated builds and tests are run. CI helps mitigate bugs quicker, improve efficiency, and reduce time to market.
- Continuous delivery (CD) is also a software development practice where the code changes are all set for a release to production. CD expands upon CI by deploying all code changes to a testing environment after the build stage.
- AWS CodePipeline is a CD service that allows you to model, visualize, and automate your code for rapid and accurate updates. With AWS CodePipeline, the full release process is modeled for building code, deploying to pre-production environment, testing your applications, and releasing them for production.
- AWS CodeBuild is a fully managed CI service that collates source code, runs tests, and produces packages that are ready to deploy. A service that scales continuously and processes multiple builds simultaneously, AWS CodeBuild helps users build and test code with continuous scaling. It offers various pre-configured environments for various versions of Windows and Linux.
- AWS CodeDeploy is a fully managed deployment service that automates software deployments to a multitude of services including Amazon EC2, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda, and on-premise servers. It allows you to rapidly release new features, avoid application downtime, and handles high complexity applications.
- AWS CodeStar helps you develop, build, and deploy applications on AWS. Providing a unified user experience, this tool helps you easily manage your software development activities in one location. You can setup your entire continuous delivery toolchain within minutes, so you can release codes faster.
AWS DevOps Best Practices
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: CI/CD pipelines are the heart of the DevOps philosophy. CI means regularly updating code changes at set intervals, while CD automatically deploys code in the production environment.
- Infrastructure Automation: This practice is essentially focused on quality code and the need to test it at regular intervals.
- Infrastructure as Code: IaC services are designed to provision and manage your cloud infrastructure by writing a templated document that can be consumed by both machines and humans.
- Monitoring and Logging: All cloud activity needs to be monitored and recorded to ensure the events are triggered at the right time and mitigate something that’s not performing well.
- Communication and Collaboration: Departments across the organization need to be on the same page when it comes to the project and stay informed.
We hope these AWS DevOps tools and best practices will help your organization witness a seamless DevOps adoption.
Our Cloud and DevOps experts will help you reap maximum business rewards by implementing these best practices.
AWS enhances DevSecOps throughout the SDLC
The How’s and Why’s of Securing AWS Cloud with DevSecOps
The Future of DevOps: 2022 Predictions
How to Build a CI/CD Pipeline in Azure?
- AWS DevOps Tools and Best Practices - May 4, 2022
- How to Build a CI/CD Pipeline in Azure? - May 3, 2022
- AI-powered Application Managed Services is what your business needs - April 29, 2022