All high-functional companies follow a standard plan that details the operation and accomplishments of their goals. In this era of technology, consistency in meeting the market demand is essential for sustenance and you can do that by adopting DevOps. The term ‘DevOps’ is derived from development and operations but represents much more practices and objectives than just these terms. DevOps intends to deliver increased business value and is highly receptive through a high pace and exemplary service delivery. DevOps is used to link legacy apps with cloud-native apps and infra structure.
Aspire is a global technology services firm with core DNA of software engineering with experience in DevOps, infrastructure, testing and application support. With our years of expertise in implementing and delivering successful projects for our clients we developed a set of parameters and categorized them for the development process called dimensions. Having tried our hands on these dimensions with parameters, we formulated the DevOps templated approach to resolve issues in chunks based on requirements for high efficiency.
The four dimensions of DevOps that helps in strategizing the entire development and operation process are as follows:
- Release management: In the contemporary age to of CI/CD, release management plays a vital role to meet the overall functional requirements and release quality product through automation saving time and cost.
- Infrastructure automation as a code: Instead of making manual configurations to bring about changes in infrastructure, you may create a virtual test environment to check and resolve issues, which reflects in the live environment. It provides high reliability, stability and improves resilience for a good customer experience.
- Continuous testing: Eliminate the tedious manual testing by automating tests at all stages to produce product with high quality. It helps to shorten the release cycle maintaining consistency and improving uninterrupted DevOps integration.
- Orchestration and feedback loops: It is a workflow process of regulating the automated tasks with coordination and prioritization. It reduces the time-to-market rate and removes redundancy. The feedback loop is necessary to detect bugs and its origin quickly and fix it instantly so as to increase the deployment speed.
In order to reap the benefits of DevOps, a template is created to shrink the entire gamut of operations into these dimensions and manage each section individually without affecting or influencing other sections. Our experts framed this templated approach of DevOps as a result of many successful encounters with various companies. This template classifies patterns that are applicable to multiple cases with similar parameters thereby, helping you scale through continuous deployment and delivery. The parameters of our templated approach applied across the dimensions are distribution, technology, scale and load, environment and security and release.
If you are looking forward to accelerate your business success rate, you need to be ahead of the curve in the market delivering quality product consistently and master agility. In our white paper ‘Enabling DevOps in a Customer-driven Marketplace – Accelerate your business success with the templated approach’, we discuss DevOps and the dimensions. Further, it provides the following insights
- How DevOps became an inevitable source of success for all organization
- Dimensions of DevOps and parameters that aid business development
- Working principle and significance of the dimensions
- Effects of the templated approach implementation on dimensions
- Benefits and use case references on the 4 dimensions of DevOps.
Explore the 4 dimensions of DevOps to expedite business development and outrun your peers in the highly competitive technology landscape.
Latest posts by Dhanwandhi Panneerselvam (see all)
- A Peep into the realm of Kubernetes Security in applications: Enroute to our expert talk - June 10, 2019
- Revolutionize DevOps practice with the templated approach- Essence of an aspiring guide. - May 20, 2019
- Leverage ServiceNow’s Automated Test Framework to enrich your business development process - April 18, 2019