Cloud computing is the answer to convenient, on-demand network access to a common pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services). Cloud technology has become very popular recently, and Oracle has been at the forefront of this transition with its Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) offering. In this article, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about OAC, so you can understand what it is and how it can benefit your organization.
What is Oracle Analytics Cloud?
Oracle Analytics Cloud is a cloud-based analytics platform that enables users to gain insights into their data and make better decisions. It offers a complete set of data discovery, warehousing, and visualization tools, as well as a robust set of predictive and statistical modeling capabilities. Oracle Analytics Cloud is based on the Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation and offers various features and benefits, making it a wise choice for organizations of all sizes.
Oracle Analytics Cloud includes:
- A cloud-based platform that is easy to set up and use
- A complete set of tools for data discovery, warehousing, and visualization
- Robust predictive and statistical modeling capabilities
- The ability to connect to a variety of data sources, both on-premises and in the cloud
- Flexible deployment options that allow you to choose the best deployment model for your needs
Oracle Analytics Cloud is a powerful yet easy-to-use analytics platform that can help you transform your data into insights that drive better, faster decisions. If you are looking for a complete set of tools for data discovery, warehousing, and visualization, as well as robust predictive and statistical modeling capabilities, Oracle Analytics Cloud is the ideal choice for your organization.
What are the benefits of using Oracle Analytics Cloud(OAC)?
There are many benefits of using Oracle Analytics Cloud, including:
Improved decision making:
OAC helps users make better decisions by allowing them to quickly and easily explore their data to find answers to their questions.
OAC’s self-service capabilities allow users to get started with analytics quickly and easily, without having to rely on IT for help. It can help organizations be more agile and responsive to change.
OAC can help organizations reduce costs by eliminating the need to invest in on-premises hardware and software. Additionally, OAC’s pay-as-you-go pricing model can help organizations save money by only paying for the resources they use.
OAC’s security features can help organizations keep their data safe and secure. Additionally, OAC’s multi-tenancy architecture can help organizations isolate their data from other tenants, ensuring their data is safe.
What are the main features of Oracle Analytics Cloud?
OAC offers many features to help users get the most out of their data. Some of the most notable features include:
- A user-friendly interface: OAC’s user interface is designed to be simple and easy to use, so users can get started with analytics immediately and efficiently.
- A variety of data connectors: OAC offers a wide range of data connectors that allow users to connect to virtually any data source wherever it may be stored.
- Advanced analytics capabilities: OAC offers advanced analytics capabilities, such as predictive modeling and machine learning. This can help users find answers to their questions that they might not be able to find using traditional methods.
- Flexible deployment options: OAC offers a variety of deployment options, so users can choose the best option for their needs, including the ability to deploy OAC on-premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid environment.
How is Oracle Analytics Cloud different from other analytics platforms?
Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) and other analytics platforms have a few key differences.
- First, OAC is a true cloud solution, meaning it’s built on Oracle’s cloud infrastructure and can leverage the benefits that come with that, such as scalability, high availability, and security. Other analytics platforms are either on-premises or only partially cloud-based.
- Second, OAC includes all the features you need for advanced analytics and business intelligence in one platform. In contrast, other solutions often require using multiple tools to get the same results. For example, OAC includes data visualizations, data discovery, self-service analytics, predictive analytics, and more.
- Third, OAC is much easier to use and doesn’t require any special skills or training to get started. The user interface is intuitive. It is easy to navigate and lets you get started quickly with the help of Oracle’s extensive documentation and support resources.
- Fourth, OAC is very cost-effective compared to other enterprise-grade solutions. It’s also flexible, so you can pay only for the features and capacity you need.
- Finally, OAC is constantly being updated with the latest features and capabilities, so you can be sure you’re always using the best possible tool for your analytics needs.
How to get started with Oracle Analytics Cloud?
If you’re interested in getting started with Oracle Analytics Cloud, you can follow the below steps:
You’ll need to sign up for an Oracle Cloud account. You can do this by visiting the Oracle Cloud website and creating a free account. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to log in to the Oracle Cloud console. Once you’ve logged in to the console, you’ll need to provision a new OAC instance.
Click on the “Create a new instance” button. On the next screen, you’ll need to select the “Oracle Analytics Cloud” service. Then, click on the “Create” button. On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to provide information about your new OAC instance. Enter a name for your instance. Select the region where you want your instance to be located. Then, select the shape of your instance. The shape will determine the size and performance of your instance and provide a description. This is optional, but it can be helpful to include a description so you can remember what this instance is for later.
Now, click on the “Create” button. Your new OAC instance will now be provisioned, and you’ll be able to access it. You can create a user by clicking on the “Users” tab and the “Create User” button. Follow the instructions with the user name and a password. The user is created, and you’ll be able to access the OAC instance with that user. All that is left for you is to click the “Launch Analytics” button, which will let you create or select a preferred workspace. Workspaces help organize your data and analytics. It will take you to the OAC user interface. From here, you can begin exploring OAC and all of its features.
What are some of the common questions people come up with about Oracle Analytics Cloud?
Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is a powerful, cloud-based analytics platform that lets users quickly and easily analyze data to make better-informed decisions. OAC provides users various features and tools, including a drag-and-drop interface, SQL query support, and a robust data visualization engine. Despite its many features and benefits, people still have some common questions about OAC.
1. What data sources does Oracle Analytics Cloud support?
OAC supports a variety of data sources, including Oracle databases, SQL databases, NoSQL databases, and Hadoop. It also has native connectors for popular cloud applications, such as Salesforce, Workday, and ServiceNow.
2. What type of analysis can be performed with Oracle Analytics Cloud?
OAC allows users to perform predictive, descriptive, and prescriptive analytics. This means that users can use OAC to predict future trends, understand past trends, and prescribe necessary actions to achieve desired outcomes.
3. What types of data visualization are available in OAC?
OAC provides users with various data visualization options, including charts, graphs, maps, and tables. Users can also create custom visualizations to suit their specific needs.
4. How easy is it to use Oracle Analytics Cloud?
OAC is designed to be easy to use, even for users unfamiliar with data analytics. The drag-and-drop interface makes for easy creation of data visualizations, and the SQL query support means that users can quickly analyze data even if they don’t have much experience with data analytics.
5. Is Oracle Analytics Cloud expensive?
OAC is a cloud-based platform, so users only pay for the resources they use. There is no upfront cost or minimum commitment, which makes OAC a very cost-effective option for businesses of all sizes.
The Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is a powerful tool that can help organizations make better decisions by allowing them to access, analyze, and visualize data from multiple sources. It is a scalable and secure solution that can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. Furthermore, OAC is a cost-effective solution that can be customized to meet an organization’s specific needs and is well worth the investment.
- Five ways to simplify Cloud integration - September 22, 2022
- The power of Oracle Integration Cloud’s process automation with RPA - September 20, 2022
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC): Evolution and Best Practices - September 13, 2022