Platform BPO refers to a suite of technology that can help BPOs in designing, developing and deploying their applications, which in turn can be used to service their customers.
In the absence of a platform, BPOs end up using multiple technologies, architectures and engineering structures thus leading to issues in application maintenance and operational bottle necks. It is typical to see BPOs having multiple versions of their applications based on multiple technologies and architectures. This results in huge inefficiency, cost over-run on application management and slower response to business/customer needs.
Good choice of Platform brings in the agility and ability to respond fast to changing business requirements in the IT world. Now, BPOs have started realizing the need to migrate to unified and strong ADP which can act as their technology backbone and engineering foundation for all existing and future applications.
Typical Requirements of a PBPO
Following are some of the typical requirements/expectations of a BPO from a Platform,
- Predefined architectural style for building applications better and faster.
- Global support for technologies used in PBPO
- Flexibility in designing technical solutions
- Availability of skill sets and resources to work on the PBPO
- Uniformity in the way applications are built and managed
- Ease of maintenance
- Support for web technologies
- Support for On-premise as well as Private and Public Cloud Deployment
- Support for building scalable, flexible and configurable applications easily
- Support for Multi-tenancy
- Tools that can facilitate or ease development effort
- Top 10 NFR in Software Architecture – Part 1 - December 1, 2022
- Top 10 Critical NFR for SaaS Applications – Part 2 - October 20, 2022
- Why enterprises should standardize Digital Application Management - July 17, 2017