Hyper automation is quickly becoming a way of automating business processes in this technologically advanced world. The crisis of Covid-19 has made businesses streamline their workforces to lower costs, increase productivity, and reduce risks. Hyper automation has become an essential component in order to achieve this. Read on to find out more about Hyper automation, the mix of its components, a roadmap for implementing it in your organization, and the benefits it confers to those who adopt it.
What is Hyper Automation?
The concept of automating everything in an organization that can be automated is the principle and idea behind Hyper Automation. Organizations can adopt hyper-automation to streamline processes across their business using a mix or combination of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), cognitive learning, Optical character recognition (OCR), and Natural language processing (NLP) among others. Although an emerging approach to automation, Hyper Automation has been identified by Gartner as one of the top 10 strategic technology trends. A recent survey conducted by Gartner showed that 85% of participants will “either increase or sustain their organization’s hyper-automation investments over the next 12 months, and over 56% already have four or more concurrent hyper-automation initiatives. Hyper Automation is rapidly shifting from an option to a condition of survival by ranking outdated work processes as the No. 1 workforce issue. Digital transformation and automation initiatives over the last year had been prioritized by the role that the pandemic played the last year. Hyper automation reduces the burden that repetitive processes and legacy infrastructure incur on the resources of organizations whose business ecosystem operates in a distributed manner.
Components under Hyper Automation
At the core of hyper-automation lie a mix of technologies such as:
● Artificial Intelligence
● Machine Learning
● Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
● Business Process Management (BPA)
● Advanced analytics
These technologies when adopted individually benefit organizations in appealing ways but adopting them in a piecemeal fashion will not suffice the requirements of organizations that can and want to achieve and grow more. Right workflows can be built to take automatable and manual processes to be operated in a robotically-driven fashion. Holistic automation plans can be built as Hyper Automation endeavors focused on building a unified approach by touching on multiple aspects, departments, and teams of an organization. Streamlined, effective, and efficient automation processes can be built as multiple automation tools will be leveraged as part of this plan.
How to get started with Hyper Automation
There are a few key steps and components that can help organizations navigate their hyper-automation journey by building a feasible hyper-automation strategy as it is a large-scale endeavor that requires careful planning and deliberation. The opportunity to unburden teams from repetitive labor and potentially boost the success of their value-producing work should enervate team members from across the organization as the potential upside and return on investment is excellent.
1. Gather insights on the existing processes, workflows, and environments in which they operate that can potentially be automated, and improved through automation or otherwise must remain manual. Identify opportunities for digital process automation by paying special attention to bottlenecks that maintain existing delays such as gaps, and latencies. One particularly effective technique to generate a clear view of existing processes for analysis is digital twinning, where an organization creates a duplicate virtual model of a process to better visualize inputs, and outcomes, identify areas for improvement and create efficiencies for deeper analytical manipulation without affecting existing workflows.
2. Identify and collect structured and unstructured data and other inputs that will be needed to accomplish the processes. Automations are as good as the quality of the data they run on, and the pipelines to connect the right data to the right place must be built
3. Predict outcomes in terms of efficiencies and return on investment (ROI) by assessing the budget and identifying the cost savings.
4. Identify and determine
the automation platform and technologies that best serve your needs, possibly leveraging existing tools and algorithms. This may include using RPA and other cognitive-intelligence-powered tools such as optical character recognition (OCR), AI, and machine learning to design purpose-built bots that will perform automated tasks.
5. First, automate complex business and technology processes and tasks. Then proceed to automate the automated to gain further greater efficiencies and cost reductions. It all depends on which tools and platforms are used throughout the project.
6. Implement automations. Use AI tools and technologies such as cognitive learning, OCR, and natural language processing (NLP). Low-code or no-code technologies can build the automation iteratively with human guidance to achieve consistent benchmarks.
Benefits of adopting Hyper Automation
Hyper automation will allow your workforce to remain engaged with their jobs as they will seek to resolve problems and provide creative solutions.
● Hyper automation will enable your workforce to be educated with the latest business and marketplace information allowing them to perform their roles optimally.
● Hyper automation ensures that organizations complete tasks with consistency, accuracy, and speed. This, in turn, reduces the cost associated with performing a task allowing the organization to invest the money and resources saved into improving the customer experience.
Other benefits include:
● Hyper Automation allows increased employee capacity
● It delivers instant and accurate insights
● Greater compliance and reduced risk can be achieved by Hyper Automation
● It makes greater productivity possible
● It allows for Increased team collaboration
Hyper-automation is relevant regardless of the industry it is used in. As it can be leveraged almost limitlessly, the leadership and managers of an organization must identify where the largest returns can be realized.
- Interesting Ways to Automate Accounts Payable – Accounts Payable Process Automation - November 29, 2022
- How to Make Hyper-Automation Work for You - August 23, 2022