With the soaring complexity of modern applications, old-school testing methods are inadequate for insurance companies to ensure the reliability and functionality of their software. Imagine you’ve just launched new insurance coverage on your website and customers are waiting to check it out. What if your site crashes because it couldn’t handle the extra traffic? This is something that is covered in load tests ahead of launch, but the true test of your launch quality lies in its performance when facing real-time traffic or load.
Importance of giving your customers a flawless digital experience
In the present world, most of the applications are built and designed to run over the internet, across various devices, and in different browsers. From basic online searches to e-applications, most insurance interactions and sales are highly influenced by a user’s digital experience. PricewaterhouseCoopers’ COVID-19 Consumer Insurance and Retirement Pulse Survey, conducted in June 2020, showed that 15% insurance consumers identify lack of digital capabilities as the topmost challenge while interacting with insurance providers. A sub-par digital experience can leave customers dissatisfied and eventually impact on your business’ bottom line. Hence, it is extremely important for you to ensure that all your websites and applications are thoroughly tested for real-world performance, speed, scalability, and functionality.
How are modern applications different from traditional applications?
Compared to legacy applications, modern applications are built user interface (UI) heavily putting more emphasis on browser-level testing. For example, they tend to comprise of a lot more images, CSS, GIF, etc. So, in addition to network-level layer of testing, it is highly important to assess metrics such as browser rendering time.
Why new approach to assess performance of modern applications is crucial
To make sure that your modern insurance application meets the desired performance levels and leaves the new-age digital audience satisfied, you need to step up your performance testing game. Tailoring the performance testing strategy for meeting the requirements of modern applications becomes vital here.
Insurance application testing and domain expertise – why it’s an exemplary partnership
Domain expertise plays a vital role in insurance application testing as it allows testers to comprehend complex processes, prioritize critical test scenarios, and identify domain-specific defects. It ensures that the insurance application meets industry standards, is compliant to regulatory needs and delivers accurate results. Areas where domain expertise proves to be invaluable in insurance application testing are:
- Understanding product variations: Insurance products often have multiple variations and coverages. Domain experts can test each variant comprehensively, ensuring all product offerings work as intended
- Risk assessment: Testers with insurance domain expertise can assess the risk associated with different insurance functionalities and prioritize their testing accordingly
- UX optimization: Understanding the insurance domain helps in optimizing the user experience, making the application more intuitive for insurance agents and customers
- Scenario-based testing: Domain experts can design scenario-based tests that simulate real-life insurance scenarios, providing more accurate and relevant results
- Faster issue resolution: Having domain knowledge allows testers to troubleshoot and resolve issues more efficiently, reducing the time and cost involved in fixing defects
Leverage our insurance domain expertise and comprehensive in-house performance testing framework APTf 2.0 for an improved insurance user experience. It is an end-to-end application performance testing framework designed to help you have a high-quality application release. Find out more about APTf 2.0 – the framework that has successfully helped many top enterprises with load and non-functional performance testing, delivering great results in improving their software quality. Get in touch for a demo of the framework.
- InsurEdge: Your golden ticket to automate ~90% of insurance underwriting process - February 8, 2024
- Level up insurance Cloud journey with customizable Guidewire Jutro Digital Platform - February 5, 2024
- Here’s an easy way to enhance UX with your Guidewire Cloud journey: Customized Guidewire Digital - October 3, 2023