Digitization has become the buzzword of this generation. With it, the degree of implementing technologies that cater to easing an individual’s or enterprise’s work has greatly kicked in. One of which includes, the rise of testing in the software development lifecycle. The entry of Agile development methodologies has led the role of testing to grow to newer heights. These approaches ensure defects are at bay. Test engineers strive to get a hold of them before release, but they manage to creep back in later, even with the best manual testers. In such scenarios, software developers adopted test automation solutions.
The need for test automation solutions
As testing becomes a crucial activity in agile working environments, the switch to automated software testing solutions has deemed necessary. It helps cope with continuous developments, integrations and sprint-wise releases. Although you may think automation aids enterprises, if it isn’t done right, things can go wrong in a flash. You require a thorough understanding and analysis along with a thoughtful testing cycle. The first logical step is to understand which test cases need to be automated. This includes:
- Monotonous tasks that involve a lot of manual labor
- Critical cases where risks should be mitigated
- Regular and lengthy cases
Once you answer the above cases, you can proceed to choose an automated software testing framework. While you may be thinking that it is too expensive or difficult for small and mid-sized organizations to implement, investing in a test automation solution can see you maximize ROI at a faster rate. And with the right partner to support and guide you through the implementation, half the battle is won. Some of the advantages that automated software testing tools bring to an enterprise are:
- Minimizes effort
- Increases efficiency
- Maximizes Test Coverage
- Saves time and money
- Enables faster testing
- Earlier detection of bugs
- Reusability of test cases
- Faster time to market
- Boost in ROI
Subsequently, certain value additions that can make your test automation solution reap big benefits like the following:
- Scaled Test Automation suites: Even though it’s a common occurrence, it’s often difficult to predict changing requirements. Therefore, it is essential for enterprises to plan, design and implement a scalable test automation framework that can support ad-hoc cases whether it is 2000 or 20000, no matter the complexity.
- Reduced TAT through Parallel & Distributed runs: Gone are the days when testing was conducted in well-defined linear processes. With an abundance of work enterprises trying to keep up with, they must turn to parallel testing, which involves testing different modules or applications on multiple browsers in parallel rather than one by one. Or they could use distributed testing that runs several synchronized tests consisting of several parts on separate computers.
- Monitor external performance in real-time: Whether you like it or not, there are instances when defects or bugs creep in just ahead of releases. Utilizing test automation solutions, enterprises can track these performances and fix issues enforcing better quality products or releases.
- Integration to CI pipeline and automatically rotating test environments: By connecting automated software testing framework directly to the CI pipeline across various environments, enables teams to receive faster feedback and quicken release cycles and reduce the risks associated with development.
- Integrated ML-based Report dashboard with automatic failure analysis: A built-in dashboard that provides real-time statistics on the progress of test automation execution. With it, enterprises can easily identify the areas that require a keen eye and raise the level of efficiency further.
- Optimize Test Scripts at regular intervals: To keep up with changing requirements and environments, regular updates of test scripts will ensure the quality of the test executions.
Hyper-Testing – The AI-led test automation
Leveraging the expertise of Aspire’s Quality Engineers, Hyper-Testing powered by AI-led test automation enables enterprises to conduct tests at top speed and provide superior error-free solutions. Hyper-Testing provides a holistic view with powerful dashboards that can influence the end-customer experience. It incorporates three key aspects that addresses cost efficiency and hyper-speed in product development through optimized processes and practices using advanced tools and reusable assets. Using Aspire’s Framework for Test Automation (AFTA) integrated with AI components, this Hyper-Testing framework covers end-to-end testing and reduces automation efforts by 40%.
To discover how our Test Automation Framework enabled frequent releases and reduced manual efforts for a leading Enterprise Information System.
Latest posts by Roshini Cherian (see all)
- 6 Value-Adds You Need for a Robust Test Automation Solution - July 7, 2020
- Incremental Test Automation: The Silver Bullet in Test Automation - June 9, 2020