What Artificial Intelligence does to Application Management Services (AMS) is what Grandpa Rick does to his grandson Morty in the popular cartoon show, Rick and Morty. To give you a perspective, Grandpa Rick is futuristic, smart and ready to explore whereas, Morty is monotonous, and a regular school going kid. Rick takes Morty on many futuristic adventures to make him smart and efficient at school. AI in AMS is something on these lines, they complement each other to make AMS smarter and efficient.
A traditional AMS offers application performance management, batch monitoring, user security and database administration. Many enterprises offer AMS that assigns SLAs, focuses more on break-fix and maintenance. This might look effective but traditional AMS support fails to address a few important problems such as high-ticket velocity, lower helpdesk productivity, chaotic L1 and L2 support, and high cost in the end. Further, continuous improvements are a challenge in a traditional AMS as legacy systems are involved in this and it is tough to provide support for such systems.
AMS vs AI-AMS
Having an AI bend in AMS adds a new color to it. You will suddenly realize with AI driven AMS, you are able to reduce your ticket velocity by 33% and automatically prioritized, and productivity has increased by 60%. Aspire AI-AMS is disruptive in terms of offering solutions for application lifecycle management and specifically targets high frequency tickets to reduce the number of FTEs. With a better ticket monitoring mechanism, streamlined L1 and L2 support as per the enterprise’s requirements is possible.
AI-AMS also checks for low throughput applications and enhances their performance that in turn leads to cost savings up to 42%. Furthermore, your ticket resolution time will come down by 33% and makes it effective in resolving issues related to performances of external services, monitoring of transaction metrics at all three levels of support. (L1, L2 and L3)
If you ask me, what is that one thing that stands out in Aspire AI-AMS? My answer would be its prediction algorithm. No AMS in the past have been this much effective in predicting the volume of tickets, and cost associated with it. With AI-AMS analytics, you will be able to predict ticket velocity for upcoming days, weeks or even months. The data from the analytics helps in assigning SLAs, voice out challenges, frame cost strategy and target high velocity tickets.
Benefits of AI adventure
- Cost Savings: As all the streams lead to sea, every minor enhancement in the application support will witness an enormous amount of cost savings.
- Increased Productivity: The helpdesk team would have a notable delegation of work and better metrics to see an increase in productivity.
- Ticket velocity: Reduction in volume of tickets by half as AI-AMS targets high velocity or redundant tickets and does a causal analysis to categorize it.
- Defined SLAs: Better SLA mechanism based on the category of tickets with minimum human intervention.
Aspire systems has helped customers around the world to have a seamless application support and that is now further strengthened by the launch of AI driven Application Management Services. Aspire Systems through AI-AMS has been effective in increasing market share for our customers through analytics and automation. We have taken over the managed services of a U.S. based technology solutions company, to know the full story download our case study.
Latest posts by Ramji Yagnashankar (see all)
- Top 9 features you must know in ServiceNow Paris release - October 21, 2020
- AI and AMS: Rick and Morty of managed services - October 13, 2020
- How upgrades in ServiceNow is now a cakewalk with ATF (Automated Test Framework)? - September 9, 2020