Why is it such a great match you must be wondering? The answer is this pair could be a very big boon for both the retailers and the customers. The compatibility and the chemistry between the two really bring out the best for the retail industry. Now, how did this marriage happen and how did SFCC or PRIOS know that they were going to make a great pair?
PRIOS stands for Phygital Retail In-Store Omni-channel Solution. It looks after all the processes running inside the store, right from guiding customers in the store to billing their products. A solution like PRIOS is needed in retail stores today, as it provides a connected store experience, bridging all the components in the store to cater a unified experience via a mobile phone.
Some of the best features of PRIOS are:
- Discovering customers & driving foot traffic with the help of Beacons, Chatbots, Geo-targeted mobile ads, Location-based Marketing, etc.
- Keeping customers engaged with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Allowing customers to bill their products with Self-Checkout to let them jump long queues.
All these benefits provided for the customers also benefit the retailers. Mobile POS and M-commerce are the other two main benefits the retailers will gain through PRIOS.
Today’s tech-savvy shoppers are the driving force behind the need for the digitally connected stores and growing Omni-channel experience. According to Aberdeen, companies with well-defined Omni-channel customer experience strategies in place achieve an average 91% higher year-over-year increase in customer retention.
SFCC (Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
The Salesforce Commerce Cloud unifies the customer experience across all point of commerce. Forrester Research has recognized Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: B2C Commerce Suites, Q1 2017. In a summary of their findings, Forrester remarks that Salesforce “shows compelling over-the-horizon potential in the realm of AI and data-driven decision-making with its Salesforce Einstein capabilities.” Forrester concludes that “Salesforce is a best fit for retailers looking for a strong, highly-scalable, cloud-based commerce platform.”
Some of the benefits the retailers will encounter with SFCC are:
- Unifying customer experience both on-line & off-line with integrated AI powered solutions for digital commerce, point of sale, order management, etc.
- Speeding up operations with cloud is now possible to quickly launch new sites, create all-new consumer experiences, bring stores online, expand into new geographies, adopt new features, and integrate partner technologies.
- Integrate retail operation with the world’s #1 CRM and helps innovate and stay ahead of customer’s expectations.
There is a huge list of retailers who are using SFCC and some of them are Marks & Spencer, Adidas, L’Oréal, Converse, etc. The best part about SFCC is that it easily integrates with third parties and other channels that could be of great marketing use. For example Instagram is now, for the first time, integrated with Commerce Cloud. This lets retailers create posts directly in Commerce Cloud — where they are already managing their commerce sites — and it also allows Instagram content to automatically update when catalog items are replaced.
Salesforce is also extending its Einstein AI layer to Instagram through its Marketing Cloud. Einstein Vision can now automatically tag posts in the brand’s feed or on public Instagram feeds, where a logo or specific products appear. Therefore, SFCC gets extended enhancements that other CRMs do not possess.
Some of the components that are achieved by PRIOS are complemented by SFCC, and vice versa. For example, in the customer lifecycle given below, components like discovering, engaging, servicing, etc. are handled by PRIOS. But, the whole package can be accomplished only if PRIOS and SFCC come together. And that is why the marriage is necessary.
Therefore these two combined their powers to give birth to a high-level experience for the retailers & the customers.
The marriage between the two happens with ease, as PRIOS has out of the box integration, and as SFCC has vanilla implementation, therefore the union takes place seamlessly. If you are looking for an excellent M-commerce solution with a lot of other added advantages at your retail store, then this pair is what you need! The PRIOS Cartridge placed in the Salesforce Commerce Cloud will help integrating with PRIOS seamlessly.
- With cloud POS, Retailers can be at peace as information is always secure, and the system allows advanced security such as encryption
- Retailers can boost retail activity with M-commerce
- Increase sales by providing seamless customer engagement with In-store navigation, personalized experience, smart offers & product search, self-checkout and on the whole rendering an Omni-channel experience
As customers key in information, there is adequate data to analyze customer behavior, run BI & visualize data
Latest posts by Nisha Verghese (see all)
- Intelligent Personalization: A Way Forward for the Retail Industry - August 2, 2018
- Visual Commerce In 2018: Capture, Upload And Shop! - July 25, 2018
- PRIOS & Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware)-A Match Made in Heaven - June 4, 2018