The world that we know today has changed for good and people are living, buying, and thinking differently. What’s striking is that all these habits will endure beyond the crisis and there shall be a permanent change in what we value, how and where we shop, and how we live and work.
Hence brands who are keen to survive the fiercely competitive environment should understand their customers better and try to outmaneuver uncertainty in the new era.
How do they accomplish that?
Brands can stand out from the crowd if they tame the consumer goods innovation in the new normal with Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Salesforce for consumer goods allows brands to curate brand-specific customer experience and deliver a personalized, intelligent, and data-rich commerce experience. Merchants can quickly meet their shoppers online and build a robust eCommerce presence. It gives brands an edge to collect crucial customer insights. Such insights enable brands to perpetuate brand loyalty using intelligent merchandising, subscriptions, payments, customizable content along with a connected experience through fulfillment and delivery.
Quick Note: SFCC allows Consumer Goods (CPG) Companies who sell through retailers to use B2B Commerce and reach out to small retailers, such as convenience stores.
As a D2C merchant, if you think that it’s all about creating a channel to sell your products, then your strategy requires a major revamp. It’s time that you focus on delivering experiences and building personalized engagements.
Take a Note: Sometimes D2C also helps to open up a new B2B Commerce channel
Consumer Goods Use Cases
Understandably, consumer behavior is changing swiftly but with SFCC Commerce Cloud, you can always remain geared up. Ease and Speed are the two most prominent features of Commerce Cloud. You just do not launch your eCommerce site seamlessly, but you can hit the market within a few weeks.
Now that sounds exciting!
Platform Features and Accelerators
A state-of-the-art digital shopping experience is the need of the hour. However, for that, you would need an immaculate tool-set so that you can meet your shoppers at a time they want and at a place where they are most comfortable.
The good news is with the B2C Commerce Platform Toolkit you can easily create unified, intelligent, and digital commerce experiences.
Developers have two paths:
- Build on the Salesforce Commerce Platform using developer tooling, sample apps, headless APIs, and best practices
- Launch Commerce Quick Start Commerce Solutions that provide out-of-the-box (OOTB) solutions for Direct to Consumer, Subscriptions, Channels, Grocery, Quick Service Restaurants, along with B2B Commerce. Developers can offload implementation and managed services to partners in these offerings
Using these tools brands can plan, scope, and build their Consumer Goods Project
Wrapping it Up
With the onset of the pandemic, the consumer goods industry has also been forced into the digital age. As consumers are headed online; brands have to adapt quickly to remain relevant. It also means adjusting to the new requirements of eCommerce because customer expectations have evolved and they demand more personalization.
Therefore, now the time is most suited to go bold and invest in an online infrastructure that values personalization and customer engagement. Commerce Cloud is one such platform that shall help consumer good companies to weather this wave. It has a flexible and agile approach for customer management and the digital tools to drive greater efficiencies.
- State of E-commerce 2022: Navigating the ‘New Normal’ of B2C Commerce
- How to set up your Online Grocery Store with Salesforce Commerce Cloud?
- Allow customers to summon their shopping cart: The Future of Digital Commerce Is Voice Search - January 17, 2023
- Why waiting to upgrade to Oracle Xstore POS could be a big miss for retailers - December 5, 2022
- What you need to consider while migrating to Oracle Xstore Point-of-Service - December 5, 2022