The pandemic has taught us the importance of being digital in the retail business and it has taught the customers the safety and convenience of shopping online. Today, even the customers who used to love going to a brick and mortar shop to do their shopping, prefer to shop online and get them delivered at their doorstep while they are cocooned in the safety of their home. Although the virus is still at large, the government has relaxed the strict lockdown restrictions, and malls and shopping centers are slowly coming alive again. However, not everyone is looking forward to visiting malls and shopping centers so early on after the crisis. As a result, many retailers are offering curbside pick-up services in order to cater to shoppers who are hesitant about entering stores.
Curbside pick-up services are easy & convenient and are a great way to ensure business continuity. With a major shift towards contactless order fulfillment, here are ways that curbside pickup can help retailers & customers to be successful during this pandemic:
- Minimizes physical interaction
- Leverages In-Store Inventory
- Guaranteed Line-Buster
- Strengthens Brand Image
The above advantages have emphasized the importance of finding solutions to certain challenges retailers may face while ensuring the logistics behind the relatively new scenario of product delivery and supply. However, our years of experience and expertise in the retail industry have helped us curate some highly effective solutions that can help retailers answer these challenges and ensure business continuity and success.
The Curbside Pickup Solution is envisioned from two different experiences: One being the Customer experience and the other being the Employee experience. Watch our webinar in which Aspire’s industry experts talk about Curbside pickup solutions, its growing popularity in retail today & how our solution helps retailers improve their efficiency & scalability by optimizing curbside pickup, click & collect and drive through experiences. Apart from that, this solution also helps create a better customer experience and builds stronger customer relationships, which will be increasingly important as things eventually return to normal.
Key Criteria for implementing a successful Curbside pickup solution:
Designing an experience that is frictionless for your customers is a must. Key characteristics of a great pickup experience:
- Giving options to customers to choose between in-store/curbside pickup,
- Minimizing wait times,
- Making it simple & hassle-free,
- Ensuring that there is no chance of human error of mixing up items, missing an item, etc.
Streamlining Store Operations
Key factors that should be considered while designing the curbside pickup service for streamlining store operations are:
- Managing store capacity,
- Informing stores about upcoming traffic,
- Making the best use of your associate’s time for curbside delivery,
- Being able to learn from the new customer journey.
A curbside solution with the aforementioned characteristics will enable retailers to satisfy their customers quickly by creating a smooth and convenient frictionless customer experience, enhance their brand loyalty & ensure safety through social distancing.
Are you a retailer looking to transform your business and enhance your customer experience? Watch our webinar to learn more!
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- Curbside pickup & the important aspects to be considered while creating the solution
- How to deploy a curbside solution independently with no dependency on your current business process or channels?
- Insights on Effective Store Capacity Management
- Details regarding security & performance aspects of our solution
- Demo to go-live with Curbside in just 3 weeks
Whether you call it click and collect, grab & go- this element of Omni channel retail is the key to success as we step forward. Before, curbside was one of a number of fulfillment options, but today it’s become an important way for some retailers to leverage their physical space as people feel uncomfortable stepping foot in public.
Latest posts by Shifali Dumpala (see all)
- Tactics to Enable a Headless Approach Using SFCC - March 31, 2021
- How SFCC Can Help Reduce Cart Abandonment and Convert Online Shoppers - March 30, 2021
- Explore the Out-of-the-Box Features on SFCC: On-Demand Sandboxes - March 30, 2021