International expansion is among retailers’ top priorities and no wonder, with 45% of global shoppers purchasing goods from overseas stores. It’s time to take some of that market share! There are a whole lot of E-commerce platforms available out there but there are some handsome reasons why Magento has become so popular and why adopting it for your business makes future growth much easier to achieve.
How Magento can help in your international expansion?
While operating globally, enterprises struggle with safety and consistency of solutions in their businesses. Another challenge is scaling and shortening the time-to-market, which allows companies to quickly enter new markets or introduce new products before their competition does. To achieve the same, it is essential to analyze proposed solutions using real-time data and adjust them to the needs of local users without incurring unnecessary costs. Magento addresses all of these concerns. The e-commerce solution has brilliant in-built functionality specifically allowing the creation of multiple regional storefronts around a centralized back end.
- Seizing international e-commerce opportunities is all about market timing, speed, and agility. Thanks to its unique multi-site architecture, Magento e-commerce platforms help you launch faster, respond to market shifts, and capitalize on new developments. Nevertheless, an accelerator led implementation approach will enhance your e-commerce features and enable the deployment of complete enterprise-level e-commerce solutions at a lower cost. Accelerators come with out-of-box integrations & enable you to launch proven Retail and B2B e-commerce websites quickly. Our business accelerator, Commerce Infinity is an agile and robust Magento solution developed to help retailers create their online presence in 6 weeks with 40% cost-savings. The solution harnesses the Magento platform for delivering groundbreaking performance and exceptional commerce features.
- Where you’re managing multiple brands, markets, or both from one instance of Magento, you’ll need to consider the customer experience when switching between your sites. You will have to tailor the whole experience to local customs and shopper expectations–from site design and product mix to supporting regional technologies and suppliers. The vast Magento global ecosystem ensures that you have expert local knowledge in any region. From 150+ language packs to local system integrators and regional extensions, you can integrate almost any local business or custom system, without blowing your budget. Magento also gives you the option of managing customers either at a global level or at a website level.
- Seasoned international travellers know the importance of flexibility, and business is no different. How efficiently you manage changes in culture, language, customs, currency, tax and laws can make the difference between success and failure. The Magento multi-site architecture uses a common codebase and common database for all versions of your site, enabling you to quickly configure and launch in global markets without developer intervention.
- Some merchants will have one product catalogue that serves multiple websites, while others will have more than one brand on the same Magento instance where some, or all, of the SKUs in the product catalogue, are different depending on the website. Magento allows you to control product (SKU) visibility at a website level so it will give you the ability to feed websites with different product sets whilst still maintaining all your products, settings, and orders in one Magento instance.
- Multiple language support is an important part of entering new markets. Merchants trading globally should have the ability to offer their website in several languages to make it more appealing to its customer base in their own country. Magento gives you the ability to configure languages down to a store view level and gives you several possibilities as to how you offer the multilingual site(s) to the customers.
- Offering the right shipping option at the right time, and at the right cost, is becoming increasingly important in international e-commerce. For many years Magento relied on third-party modules to help provide merchants with the necessary flexibility and enhanced functionality. Magento offers an enterprise-grade API that can connect with couriers globally, as well as connecting with third-party WMS, OMS, and ERP systems. This comes native to Magento 2.2 and has been available to use as a module from Magento 2.1.6.
Transmarco Group is a leading footwear and lifestyle retailer across Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. They hold the licenses for global brands including Hush Puppies, LeSportSac and Caterpillar, plus their own expansive range of brands, including Obermain and Robelli. They wanted to expand their online presence & had plans to build their own brand, introduce new product lines in order to attract more business.
Magento Commerce provided a strong fit for Transmarco Group’s quest to deliver the best possible omnichannel experience. With Magento Commerce, they were able to consolidate multiple data sources into a single dashboard, providing a holistic view of the retailer’s businesses. Whether a customer purchased their products from a marketplace, bricks-and-mortar stores, or one of their websites, they were able to see real-time stock availability.
Acknowledging the continually changing demands and needs of their audiences, Magento Commerce delivered an optimized experience across each device, from laptop to smartphone, reinforcing brand recognition and trustworthiness. Marketing promotions attracted new shoppers through special offers and sales. Basket sizes ballooned by 30 per cent and Transmarco Group witnessed a 3x surge in number of transactions.
Magento has always been a forerunner in the B2B space . The whole Magento e-commerce platform seems to be designed to grow in step with your expanding e-commerce business. With its current 2.X version, B2B offering is strengthened through innovative features, integration capabilities and configurations specifically catering to B2B business. What’s also important is that it is widely supported by an active community of over 300k developers and merchants.
In a nutshell, Magento 2 with the latest features and functionalities is an online shop powerhouse. Hence, e-commerce players should seriously consider opting for Magento 2 to go global and stay ahead in the retail industry.
- Magento Miniseries: Increase your Business Growth Curve with Magento 2.0
- Create Powerful Commerce Experiences with Magento
Latest posts by Shifali Dumpala (see all)
- Tactics to Enable a Headless Approach Using SFCC - March 31, 2021
- How SFCC Can Help Reduce Cart Abandonment and Convert Online Shoppers - March 30, 2021
- Explore the Out-of-the-Box Features on SFCC: On-Demand Sandboxes - March 30, 2021