British writer and politician Edward Bulwer-Lytton had once said, “The small retail dealer trades only with his neighbor; when the great merchant trades he links the four quarters of the globe.”. Though this statement is more than a century old, it holds true especially now in bringing the four ‘quarters’ (America, Europe, Asia, Africa) together for trade. With the rise of technology and logistics industries, merchants have evolved in the way they trade. Every decade or so a shift in commerce emerges, and the current trend of digital commerce set by giants such as Amazon, eBay, and Walmart has paved the way for smaller enterprises to evolve as well.
In order to run an e-commerce site successfully, one should have greater merchandising capabilities. Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a superlative e-commerce solution that can provide this flexibility. There are different areas like product update, search optimization, marketing, and promotions, etc., where merchants can directly configure their online store, without the intervention of the IT team and just by using the Business Manager tool in Salesforce e-commerce.
The three major advantages of merchandising from Salesforce Cloud Commerce include:
1. Data management made easy
Most e-commerce businesses handle large volumes of product data such as pricing, description, inventory, etc. Merchants should be able to handle so much data with ease to successfully run their e-commerce website. Salesforce Commerce Cloud allows them to do so with the help of the Business Manager tool.
Here are some key features provided by Salesforce e-commerce for product data management:
- Salesforce e-commerce allows merchants to create and manage multiple catalogs. Products can be easily categorized and displayed across the website.
- With the ability to support complex products such as master products, variation products, set products, bundle products, and options products, Salesforce e-commerce offers merchants a variety of choices to play around with when it comes to products.
- Merchants can manage their inventories very well with Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s built-in inventory capability feature.
- Merchants can monitor inventories to effectively execute sales across all channels especially when it comes to buying in-store, curbside pickup, etc.
- Merchants can schedule the publishing of new products through the Schedule Tasks feature.
- Based on the currency, merchants can define price books and assign them to multiple sites. It also provides the ability to assign multiple price books to a single site and automate the activation by scheduling.
2. The search ends here
Ecommerce shoppers are always on the lookout for easy and friendly search options on websites. Some benefits of search options provided by Salesforce e-commerce include:
- A robust and complete platform with extraordinary SEO capabilities.
- Merchants can easily define URL rules to have the best URL structure for shoppers to read and interpret.
- Plenty of flexibility to configure sitemaps, which increases the search ranking.
- Salesforce Einstein’s Search Dictionaries feature gathers all website searches and offers keywords to optimize search dictionaries. It provides flexibility to define synonyms, hypernyms, and hyponyms to make the search function as effectively as possible.
- Significant reduction in the overall shopping time, leading to maximum customer satisfaction.
3. Promote it the right way
Marketing is a key factor in the success of any business. Merchants and business owners plan their marketing efforts extensively to ensure they wield maximum results from any promotional activity. Promotions can be used to launch new products or services or even to expand the current market reach to new dimensions.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud allows merchants to have different experiences, such as promotions, slot configurations, and sorting rules to promote their products. Merchants can easily schedule the campaigns, which is a collection of experiences and qualifiers such as coupons, source codes, and customer groups. With predefined promotion classes and promotion rules, merchants can easily configure promotions.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud has the ability to host product information management, customer management systems, etc., and also provides great flexibility to integrate with many other external systems. These capabilities allow merchants using SFCC to work without getting their IT team involved.
Aspire Systems helps merchants establish a cost-effective and easy-to-use and maintain e-commerce system using Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Talk to us today.
Follow us on Aspire Systems Retail to get detailed insights and updates about Retail!!!