With the onset of the pandemic in 2020, there was a paradigm shift in the digital ecosystem. A frenetic digital adoption and a significant change in consumer behavior were the key trends. 2021, on the other hand, heralded the dawn of a new era in retail and eCommerce. Some prominent ecommerce trends from 2021 were:
- Improved eCommerce experiences using AI technologies
- Dominance of mobile & social commerce
- Omnichannel shopping and beyond
- Emerging of new payment options
Source – emarketer.com
For an impactful digital presence, retailers must have a robust marketing strategy. With Commerce Cloud, it’s possible to take your ecommerce business to the next level.
The cutting-edge Salesforce ecommerce solution helps you with:
- Business growth
- Geographical expansion
- Brand promotion
There are ample examples of Salesforce Commerce Cloud success stories. In this blog, let’s have a quick look at some of the outstanding Salesforce Commerce Cloud implementations.
Adidas1, one of the world’s leading sports brands, decided to focus on a digital-first strategy by investing in a Salesforce suite, including Service Cloud and Commerce Cloud. It was an investment with huge potential since this digital transition would allow Adidas to have better customer insights and be able to nurture them with personalized offers.
- With Service Cloud, the 1,100 staff of Adidas could offer customers quicker and smarter services in a medium of their choice. They could offer a connected experience across all mediums such as phone, email, online, or social all from a single application. Hence, their customer service delivered more efficient, personalized, and convenient services.
- Adidas could quickly build relationships with customers all around the world because of Commerce Cloud. Today, the firm operates 50+ stores in more than 40 countries, and it can quickly and simply build, maintain, and update its worldwide presence, cascading changes across channels with a few easy clicks. The company’s overall shoe sales increased significantly. The firm claimed 24% currency-neutral growth for its brands in North America, as well as a 59% gain in worldwide ecommerce, which equalled over $1.1 billion in online sales.
Boggi Milano2, a Milan-based fashion brand, runs over 140 stores in more than 31 countries across the world, providing contemporary, modern, and global men’s fashion designs. Every aspect of the Boggi customer experience is tailored to the individual.
Boggi Milano, with the aid of Service Cloud, provides a seamless customer experience whether they are in-store or online. Customers can confidently select an engagement medium of their choice knowing that the brand will adapt to their changing preferences and demands. They had done it in 5 steps.
- Step 1 – Breaking down organizational silos
- Step 2 – Building a strong, digital foundation. Boggi embarked on a complete re-platform to Commerce Cloud
- Step 3 – Bringing physical and digital together by digitizing the store. It’s the holy grail of omnichannel retail. Almost 12% of Boggi’s digital sales are made via apps in the store
- Step 4 – Unifying support across all your channels
- Step 5 – Unifying all marketing functions
Poppin3, a workspace company, serves both B2B and B2C customers. They utilize Commerce Cloud for a single unified website that allows them to segment customers and deliver a fantastic customer experience to both groups. Poppin had remarkable achievements over the holiday season by integrating technology, including a 90% rise in transactions, an 84% increase in online revenue, a 55% increase in orders, and a 78% increase in units sold year over year.
With Commerce Cloud, Rituals Cosmetics4, a cosmetics and lifestyle company in Europe, increased its online sales by 80% in one year. They were successful in replicating the individualized customer experience that they provide in their physical stores. There was significant improvements in the digital experience by including features like click-and-collect data collection, next-day delivery, local payment choices, and real-time inventory availability, using Commerce Cloud. They used AI to assist visitors on their website to discover new products and complete the purchase.
Similarly, Puma5 relaunched its mobile sites using Salesforce Commerce Cloud and delivered beyond customer expectations. It was Commerce Cloud’s SFRA that made all the difference. The Storefront Architecture of SFCC provided the brand with best practices in mobile UX design, merchandizing, and technical architecture for improved conversion and enriched shopping experiences.
After the relaunch, PUMA’s mobile site loads became 69% faster than before, and also the conversion rate has become nearly 1.5% from less than 1%.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud, allows you to create connected customer experiences and amplify relationships. It streamlines your business operations and provides a world-class consumer experience. All these becomes possible, since the SFCC platform breaks down organizational silos, builds a strong digital foundation, brings in the concept of phygital alive, unifies support and marketing functions across all channels.
- Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud: What’s new In 22.4 - May 12, 2022
- Why is BOPIS still a problem for retailers? How can Salesforce Commerce Cloud help? - April 26, 2022
- 7 Reasons to Choose Oracle Retail Merchandising System Over JDA MMS - April 20, 2022