The year 2021 heralded the dawn of a new era in retail and ecommerce. The pandemic triggered a tremendous shift in nearly everything digital, and while 2020 will be remembered as an outlier in terms of the frenetic rate of adoption, consumers’ new behaviour is setting down deep roots. Some common ecommerce trends from 2021 were:
- Improved ecommerce experiences with the help of AI technologies
- Domination of mobile commerce & social commerce
- Omnichannel shopping and beyond
- Emerging of new payment options
Source – emarketer.com
For businesses to stay afloat, retailers need to have a strong marketing strategy to have an impactful digital presence. With Commerce Cloud, you can follow all the trends and take your ecommerce business to the next level. This cutting-edge Salesforce ecommerce solution allows you to develop your business, expand geographically and display your brand globally. Many commerce brands have already benefited from Salesforce Commerce Cloud with high success rates. Let’s take a look at a few outstanding Salesforce Commerce Cloud implementations.
Adidas1, one of the world’s leading sports brands, decided to focus on a digital-first strategy by investing in a Salesforce suite, including Service Cloud and Commerce Cloud. It’s an investment with huge potential since the transition to digital allows adidas to get closer to customers and understand them personally.
- With Service Cloud, adidas enables its 1,100 staff to provide quicker, smarter service in the medium that customers want – phone, email, online, or social -all from a single application. As a result, customer service is more efficient for the firm while also being more personalised and convenient for customers.
- Adidas has been able to quickly build relationships with customers all around the world thanks to the Commerce Cloud. Today, the firm operates 50+ stores in more than 40 countries, and it can quickly and simply build, maintain, and update its worldwide presence, cascading changes across channels with a few easy clicks. The company’s overall shoe sales increased significantly. The firm claimed 24% currency-neutral growth for its brands in North America, as well as a 59% gain in worldwide ecommerce, which equalled over $1.1 billion in online sales.
In turn, Boggi Milano2, a Milan-based fashion brand, runs over 140 stores in more than 31 countries across the world, providing contemporary, modern, and global men’s fashion designs. Every aspect of the Boggi customer experience is tailored to the individual.
Boggi Milano, with the aid of Service Cloud, can provide a seamless customer experience whether they are in-store or online. Customers may select a mode of engagement with the confidence that Boggi Milano will adapt to their changing preferences and demands. They had done it in 5 steps.
- Step 1 – Breaking down organizational silos.
- Step 2 – Building a strong, digital foundation. Boggi embarked on a complete re-platform to Commerce Cloud.
- Step 3 – Bringing physical and digital together by digitizing the store. It’s the holy grail of omnichannel retail. Almost 12% of Boggi’s digital sales are made via apps in the store.
- Step 4 – Unifying support across all your channels.
- Step 5 – Unify all marketing functions
Poppin3, a workspace company, serves both B2B and B2C customers. They utilise Commerce Cloud for a single unified website that allows them to segment customers and delivers a fantastic customer experience to both groups. Poppin produced remarkable achievements over the holiday season by integrating technology, including a 90% rise in transactions, an 84% increase in online revenue, a 55% increase in orders, and a 78% increase in units sold year over year.
With Commerce Cloud, Rituals Cosmetics4, a cosmetics and lifestyle company in Europe, increased its online sales by 80% in one year. They were successful in replicating the individualised customer experience that they provide in their physical stores. They improved the digital experience by including helpful aspects into their ecommerce stores, such as click-and-collect data collection, next-day delivery, local payment choices, and real-time inventory availability, using Commerce Cloud. They use AI to assist visitors to their website in discovering new goods and making purchases.
With Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC), you can stand out in a crowded ecommerce market by streamlining your business operations and providing a world-class consumer experience.
- How Walden University increased 100% self-service registration & achieved double-digit growth by upgrading to SFCC- SFRA and enhancing their digital commerce site. - October 26, 2021
- Halloween mood board for your B2C e-commerce site - October 8, 2021
- 3 ways in which Unified Commerce helps B2C businesses offer hyper personalized experiences to consumers - October 8, 2021