With an incredible amount of accurate location-based data being transmitted from mobile devices, Geofencing provides a huge opportunity for retailers to
- Deliver a personalized customer experience
- Build a stronger customer relationship
- Increase footfall to physical stores
To stand out in fierce competitive modern market, retailers need to step-up the game and do something shoppers will find different and memorable.
With the help of this technology, retailers can put virtual markers on areas which help them to identify customers when they walk in or out of that zone. They can keep tabs on a customer’s location and send offers to them in real time, when they’re in the area, to pull them into the store. Geofencing technology is currently in its infancy. However, because of the strong use of smartphones, particularly with the younger generations, it is very likely that this trend will continue to grow and emerge to its full potential.
Take a look at Kate’s journey, a shopaholic, to see how this technology-set has enhanced her shopping experience!
Latest posts by Shifali Dumpala (see all)
- Explore the Out-of-the-Box Features of Salesforce Commerce Cloud – Part 1: Customer Service Center - March 3, 2021
- Conversational Commerce Is the Talk of the Town in the World of Digital Retail - February 26, 2021
- Decoding the Role of Edge Analytics in Unified Commerce - February 26, 2021