What was once considered an acceptable level of enterprise-level customer service might now be termed as unforgettable or dissatisfactory. With the emergence of self-service, many top brands have realized that a live chat functionality on the website is just the tip of the iceberg.
Today, when a user decides to visit your website – the journey starts right there. Even if they browse without committing to any purchase, you can start a meaningful conversation. If they want to know more about a product or have concerns regarding shipping deliveries, you can instantly give them all the right answers.
Selecting the best enterprise-level solution to enable truly unified shopping experiences, therefore, is a business-critical decision for any modern retailer.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud: Connectivity meets insights
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based, highly scalable SaaS solution for e-commerce business owners to deliver personalized online shopping experiences. It also helps establish a zero-compromise stance on operational effectiveness that includes:
- Reducing the overall cost of support through automation
- Optimizing workforce productivity with digital-first tools
- Accelerating time-to-market for front-end features
The Salesforce Commerce Cloud is equipped with end-to-end B2C commerce functionalities and integration with all Salesforce clouds. Its B2C-focused feature-set puts your e-commerce business in the driver’s seat of seamlessly managing the shopping journey – creating both repeatable and unique pathways to customer satisfaction.
“Six out of 10 American shoppers use self-service tools for their concerns, including websites, mobile apps, VoIP, and online live chat” – Amex
How Salesforce CC’s Customer Service Center unifies shopping experiences
With Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Customer Service Center, you get deep-dive insights about your digital store, as well as each shopper. They come with unprecedented depth, precision, transparency to empower your customer service agents with all the information they require to manage storefront needs while serving customers.
First and foremost, Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Customer Service Center equips users with a simplistic yet multi-purpose dashboard to capture back-end details about products, pricing strategies, customer behaviour, order histories, etc. Armed with insights to improve decision-making, they can better guide the customer to embark upon a more profitable, personalized, and rewarding shopping journey.
Wait, is it a replacement for order management systems?
It’s certainly not. The Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Customer Service Center strengthens the order management system by enabling cross-channel fulfilment and processing. Using its drag-and-drop tools, you can quickly automate key parts of the shipping journey like capturing payment, managing invoices, or fulfilling orders.
It’s akin to putting a jetpack on your order management system, as the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Customer Service Center helps maximize your inventory by offering buyers the ability to choose partial shipments and add multiple addresses. It also makes your customers go through a hassle-free process regarding cancellations and returns – eliminating those dreaded negative invoices.
Since Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Customer Service Center is a tremendously flexible platform, it unlocks your business automation capabilities. The best part is that it requires little to no coding, as you can immediately create visual workflows that can be activated by simple clicks, not complex codes.
Out-of-the-box features of Salesforce CC Customer Service Center
- Improve conversion of new orders: Be equipped with highly-secure cart takeover capabilities that allow customer service agents to complete digital transactions. It also provides a pre-populated cart to accelerate and simplify the shopping experience.
- Increase workforce performance: Offer a powerful, unified dashboard with a simplistic interface that delivers rich storefront and customer insights to accelerate and strengthen decision-making, leading to increased daily productivity.
- Modify carts and baskets: Easily adjust product pricing and assign coupons to specific items in your inventory – your website admins can also maintain control over unauthorized price changes by setting user permissions in a streamlined manner.
- Modify or add shipping addresses: Empower your customer service agents to instantly add a new shipping address or make changes to an existing address – they can also split orders into multiple shipments and deliver them to multiple locations.
- Stay on top of customization: Unlock your digital asset’s service potential by cutting down development time while creating unique functionalities to fit your use case or customer demographic.
- Future-proof the front-end: Ensure rapid deployment of self-service modules so that your customers can take control of their purchasing journeys.
- Build longer-lasting customer relationships: Bridge the gaps between the physical store and digital store experiences and better understand customer needs, no matter when and where they reach out to your brand.
The new age of unified commerce is already here. Some of the trends to watch out for are cloud-based workforces, hybridization of brick-and-mortar and digital retail, and real-time customer journey orchestration. Hence, your customer service representatives require cutting-edge digital firepower to reinvent their roles as catalysts of customer experiences (CX). Even in a post-COVID vaccination era, the onus is likely to shift to the digital world when creating and sustaining high levels of customer engagement.
That’s where Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Customer Service Center can play a crucial role.
You can do everything it takes to build a proactive digital commerce ecosystem where your customers come first, and they don’t leave until any soon.
After all, your e-commerce brand must be ready to adapt to the changing needs of customers with cohesive and intelligent shopping experiences, whether online or in-store. It’s because they expect nothing less than immediate, connected, and personalized conversations.
Latest posts by Shifali Dumpala (see all)
- Tactics to Enable a Headless Approach Using SFCC - March 31, 2021
- How SFCC Can Help Reduce Cart Abandonment and Convert Online Shoppers - March 30, 2021
- Explore the Out-of-the-Box Features on SFCC: On-Demand Sandboxes - March 30, 2021